Learn about the the investment principles of leasing land to improve farm profitability.
Participants will gain an understanding of the drivers of success in farm leasing. There is a focus on the investment principles that can be applied to land leasing as well as the non-financial success factors such as communication and tenure.
About the course
- Learn how to reduce expansion risk
- Discern between threats and opportunities
- Develop business skills
- Understand investment principles
What will you learn?
- The features of a good lease proposal
- How to pitch a winning proposal
- How much to pay for a lease
- The desirable attributes of a good tenant
- The process for engaging a good tenant
- Why tenure matters
What participants said about the course:
“I found the discussion areas of quantifying risk with leasing and valuing the economic values of the lease thought provoking. Overall I found it challenged some of my established thoughts on leasing which made it worthwhile.” Derek Ingold, Farmer - Temora
“Holmes Sackett are able to back up their findings with some real numbers. The presenter had excellent agronomic and animal production knowledge. I wish more courses were as factual and to the point as this one was.” Nick Pearce, Head of Relationship Management - Rabobank
- Setting clear and realistic objectives
- Farm performance - assessing potential
- Understanding investment principles
- Market and economic value
- Variability in outcomes – quantifying risk
- Lease vs purchase, lease vs share farming
The one day workshop cost is $550 gst incl.
For more information on the Farm Leasing workshops please contact email@example.com